Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Hurt Myself Today

Sure I have been cut many times and even shot (just look at the scars on my face) but there is a reason that Calvin no longer RUNS, JUMPS, FIGHTS, or CLIMBS. People past the age of 50 are ripe for long lasting injuries that come from that kind of behavior. So despite all my care and attention I tripped on a step today and went down. Now most elders would try to stop their fall with their hands as is human instinct but that is how you break a wrist. That would be fatal for my life if I couldn't type with both hands on HOME ROW. So as per my superhero training I tucked my hands in and did the shoulder roll and was pretty impressed with my skills at that moment until I stood up and realized I had pulled a muscle in my calf which is making it tough to walk right now. Guess I will have to go in and take advantage of some of that great free Canadian medical care.

 

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Too bad, Cal! Hope you're feeling better soon. Yes, go see a doctor and then probably some physiotherapy.