Monday, April 16, 2018

Did Someone Open The Casket Of Ancient Winters Again?

 

Stupid Dark Elves keeping me from enjoying my tulips by never letting spring actually occur. This is 12:30 today outside my front door.


I thought Thor and I fixed this problem several winters ago but this is the exact same crap that happened about five years ago. Time to bring out my bag of frozen oranges and my useless plastic helmet (which is totally for effect) and get back into the battle. But I refuse to shovel any snow that falls because it will only melt hours after I put in the effort.
 
 
 
 
This is the Winter of the Endless Winter. I feel like I live in Narnia and I am waiting for some magical Lion to defeat some Ice Queen. God damn, I am sick of snow. It will melt within the following 24 hours but it's ENOUGH. I sat out with the sun on my face today and then THIS bullshit.
 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, heard you poor SOBs got "hammered" (so to speak) in Red Deer. And wow, that's an old photo -- look how teeny-tiny your beard is!

DrGoat said...

Wish I could send you some of the 90 degree weather via the Casket of Ancient Summers. UPS won't take it. Our tulips started to come up and then it went from 70 to 90 in a 2 week period. Poor things did not like it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I feel for your poor tulips. What beside cactus and rattlesnake grows down there. My beard is horrible. I need a stylist.

DrGoat said...

You'd be surprised at what grows down here. We even have oak. Of course water is a key factor. But lots of the native species like Mesquite and Palo Verde are quite green in the summer and need little water. Rattlesnakes, Gila Monsters, scorpions, etc. All are welcome.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Or they let Queen Elsa have too much to drink.